Exactly. It was presented as some kind of teaser of an unnamed RB's personal flaws.....
Doug (Regular+; 21129)
Posted on: 12-25-2012.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Message views: 121 (Score: 0)
I think most everyone knew of the story. If it had been "Wow...KaDeem's gonna be a dad. Does anyone think that will affect his season next year?" I think there would have been the discussion the original poster claims they desired.
But "will an unwed father win the heisman?" in the days following that news getting out, especially the noting of "unwed", clearly points to a judgement of Carey's actions. This isn't exactly 1950...that isn't going to play one little bit into a voter's head...Look at the past transgressions of the guy who won this year. So it isn't a discussion about voters...then why the "unwed" designation? Journalistic thoroughness in message board posting? C'mon...
It was a comment that the poster thought would have one intended response and instead had the opposite. No need to try to walk it back now
One way to make sure the lay up goes....
- will an unwed father win the heisman? [nt] - Propellerhead, 12-23-2012 (Views: 293; Replies: 23)
- You`re naive if you think Kadeem is the first heisman - pharmcat, 12-25-2012 (Views: 206)
- I shouldn't be too critical. I get higher retainer for divorce than paternity [nt] - exoticat, 12-24-2012 (Views: 87)
- It takes two to tango, and presuming some sort of guilt on the part of the man in these - Kauaicat, 12-24-2012 (Views: 216)
- Yes, Carey and his kid in New York accepting the FN Heisman Baby! [nt] - DNUT, 12-24-2012 (Views: 87)
- Did baby Jesus have a birth certificate? [nt] - Black Oaks, 12-23-2012 (Views: 100)
- Is this Trent "Jesus freak ignoramus " franks [nt] - exoticat, 12-23-2012 (Views: 81)
- Congrats on getting your "Worst post of the year"entry in before Dec.31 [nt] - El Gato de rojo y azul, 12-23-2012 (Views: 83)
- I hope nothing outside of perfection ever happens to you or your loved ones... - Wildcat Jones, 12-23-2012 (Views: 212)
- wtf? [nt] - ValleyCat, 12-23-2012 (Views: 88)
- serously? might want to check Johnny Football's arrest record. [nt] - timekeeper, 12-23-2012 (Views: 91)
- I think of him more as KaDeem Carey, UA RB. The rest is his life [nt] - Doug, 12-23-2012 (Views: 131)
Message is locked and cannot accept more replies.
Click to report a bug!