Maybe this Ronaiah guy had a thing for fooling polynesian football players.....
Stallion (Regular+; 24794)
Posted on: 01-17-2013.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.52 Safari/537.17
Message views: 138 (Score: 0)
I have changed my opinion since the story broke. As of right now here is what I believe:
There are at least 2 people involved with the scam, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and a woman who pretended to be Lennay on the phone. If Reagan Maui'a is telling the truth then she may also have pretended to be Lennay in person.
Manti Te'o did not invent the hoax but he fell for the hoax.
Te'o and his dad lied about the back story even though they believed Lennay was real. This was done either so they wouldn't have to admit Manti had a girlfriend he had never met, or because they wanted to embellish the story to make it sound better to the media.
If I were the Te'os I'd find an interviewer I could trust (maybe Oprah is available after Lance ) and have Manti explain when this started, how he was fooled, why he lied, when he was suspicious (if at all), when he found out the truth, and why he didn't come clean until the story broke.
I would also track down Ronaiah, find out who the woman is and make them come clean about what they did.
The best Manti can do is look naive (and maybe overly dramatic with his storytelling) but his family, agent and Notre Dame can help prove he's not a con man.
Edited by Stallion at 1/17/2013 8:41:47 PM
- OT: So, the story about Manti Te'o and his girlfriend is a fake? - sullycat, 01-16-2013 (Views: 461; Replies: 74)
- Voice mails from "Lennay" - Stallion, 01-24-2013 (Views: 100)
- Manti Te'o talks to ESPN's Jeremy Schaap - UA Fan in Chicago, 01-19-2013 (Views: 124)
- Seriously, I've known people that are full of bs about a lot of things - FlagCat, 01-18-2013 (Views: 136)
- One Newly Discovered Significant Inconsistency - UA Fan in Chicago, 01-17-2013 (Views: 150)
- Um gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. [nt] - ratacatcat, 01-17-2013 (Views: 89)
- So how does this Cardinals fullback and his comments fit into this story? - Doug, 01-17-2013 (Views: 150)
- Article mentions Conan Amituanai, former UofA player - Maui, 01-17-2013 (Views: 167)
- All those missed tackles in BCS Title game were merely an example of foreplay. [nt] - sullycat, 01-17-2013 (Views: 95)
- Haha...the SB Trib pulled the original article - Stallion, 01-17-2013 (Views: 143)
- Too many concussions at ND? [nt] - Black Oaks, 01-17-2013 (Views: 89)
- * - Black Oaks, 01-17-2013 (Views: 103)
- * - Black Oaks, 01-17-2013 (Views: 90)
- Notre Dame AD: Te'o was duped until Dec. 6 - Stallion, 01-17-2013 (Views: 137)
- LOL! - Doug, 01-17-2013 (Views: 120)
- Crazy to think they would have got away clean 25 years ago. Surprised it took this long [nt] - 100thYearSenior, 01-17-2013 (Views: 93)
- ND Presser at 6:00 Tucson Time [nt] - UA Fan in Chicago, 01-17-2013 (Views: 102)
- Wait...I dont get it? Im confused...anyone got the cliff notes version? [nt] - Filthy Cats, 01-17-2013 (Views: 107)
- I figure he got scammed at first, then became too embarassed to admit it... - Doug, 01-17-2013 (Views: 124)
- Sidd Finch has expressed his support for Te'o. [nt] - timekeeper, 01-16-2013 (Views: 103)
- "10K Nigerian scammers just email Te'o" - Tweet from Ty Hildenbrandt [nt] - El Gato de rojo y azul, 01-16-2013 (Views: 109)
- Here's the original South Bend Tribune story with the Teo family quotes - Stallion, 01-16-2013 (Views: 149)
- George Gipp has been found in a nursing home just outside Boca Raton.The lies pile up. [nt] - El Gato de rojo y azul, 01-16-2013 (Views: 118)
- And I thought Lute Olson accepting the USC job was the biggest story of the day [nt] - BearDownAZ, 01-16-2013 (Views: 114)
- Notre Dame issues statement. - Blue Cat, 01-16-2013 (Views: 137)
- As a Notre Dame hater, I thoroughly enjoyed that story. Car crashes and leukemia ... - Stu Gotz, 01-16-2013 (Views: 146)
- That is one of the craziest things I've ever read [nt] - lespaparoach, 01-16-2013 (Views: 87)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Click to report a bug!