catnaz (Regular; 5085)
Posted on: 01-19-2013.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.52 Safari/537.17
Message views: 99 (Score: 0)
This is more than the "average-joe-let-it-alone" story.
Mantei is a fine LB to see sure, but Heisman runner-up? He's 46th in tackles behind about 30 other LBs and not in the top 100 in TFLs and sacks behind tons of LBs. In addition to being from Notre Dame, I tend to believe that the "inspirational" story had some influence on the NY Athletic Club's selection for him possibly becoming the first defensive Heisman in HISTORY.
It seems to me that someone in the family is lying -- maybe Mantei or maybe just the father, I don't know. But I think they capitalized on it and the story has to be pursued now to find out the truth. And remember, the whole thing is a 4-year old story with a lot of details about their in-person meetings that came from Mantei himself and/or from the family to reporters, not from Tuiasopopo and company.
- OT: So, the story about Manti Te'o and his girlfriend is a fake? - sullycat, 01-16-2013 (Views: 445; Replies: 74)
- Voice mails from "Lennay" - Stallion, 01-24-2013 (Views: 89)
- Manti Te'o talks to ESPN's Jeremy Schaap - UA Fan in Chicago, 01-19-2013 (Views: 114)
- Seriously, I've known people that are full of bs about a lot of things - FlagCat, 01-18-2013 (Views: 133)
- One Newly Discovered Significant Inconsistency - UA Fan in Chicago, 01-17-2013 (Views: 138)
- Um gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. [nt] - ratacatcat, 01-17-2013 (Views: 81)
- So how does this Cardinals fullback and his comments fit into this story? - Doug, 01-17-2013 (Views: 139)
- Article mentions Conan Amituanai, former UofA player - Maui, 01-17-2013 (Views: 161)
- All those missed tackles in BCS Title game were merely an example of foreplay. [nt] - sullycat, 01-17-2013 (Views: 89)
- Haha...the SB Trib pulled the original article - Stallion, 01-17-2013 (Views: 138)
- Too many concussions at ND? [nt] - Black Oaks, 01-17-2013 (Views: 85)
- * - Black Oaks, 01-17-2013 (Views: 100)
- * - Black Oaks, 01-17-2013 (Views: 85)
- Notre Dame AD: Te'o was duped until Dec. 6 - Stallion, 01-17-2013 (Views: 127)
- LOL! - Doug, 01-17-2013 (Views: 114)
- Crazy to think they would have got away clean 25 years ago. Surprised it took this long [nt] - 100thYearSenior, 01-17-2013 (Views: 90)
- ND Presser at 6:00 Tucson Time [nt] - UA Fan in Chicago, 01-17-2013 (Views: 98)
- Wait...I dont get it? Im confused...anyone got the cliff notes version? [nt] - Filthy Cats, 01-17-2013 (Views: 103)
- I figure he got scammed at first, then became too embarassed to admit it... - Doug, 01-17-2013 (Views: 115)
- Sidd Finch has expressed his support for Te'o. [nt] - timekeeper, 01-16-2013 (Views: 98)
- "10K Nigerian scammers just email Te'o" - Tweet from Ty Hildenbrandt [nt] - El Gato de rojo y azul, 01-16-2013 (Views: 102)
- Here's the original South Bend Tribune story with the Teo family quotes - Stallion, 01-16-2013 (Views: 142)
- George Gipp has been found in a nursing home just outside Boca Raton.The lies pile up. [nt] - El Gato de rojo y azul, 01-16-2013 (Views: 110)
- And I thought Lute Olson accepting the USC job was the biggest story of the day [nt] - BearDownAZ, 01-16-2013 (Views: 106)
- Notre Dame issues statement. - Blue Cat, 01-16-2013 (Views: 127)
- As a Notre Dame hater, I thoroughly enjoyed that story. Car crashes and leukemia ... - Stu Gotz, 01-16-2013 (Views: 139)
- That is one of the craziest things I've ever read [nt] - lespaparoach, 01-16-2013 (Views: 82)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Click to report a bug!