Luncheon with NEZ Project Manager.....
gouacats (Registered; 753)
Posted on: 02-13-2013.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
Message views: 419 (Score: 0)
I went to a luncheon with the NEZ Project Manager today and came out of it with quite a few tid bits. I didn't take notes, so I'm sure there are quite a few things that I'm missing. Anyhow, here are a few items he talked about:
- Existing webcam is broken. He also mentioned that they were going to move the webcam to the north side of the NEZ (I'm assuming somewhere on the library) where most of the action is now. I don't know if they will fix the current one before then or not.
- Football is being "rebranded" with a new logo. He couldn't show us anything at this time. The new field has already been released, so I'm assuming nothing involving that. Maybe a spring game announcement?
- As mentioned in the Wildcat Wednesday, there will be a new Video Board (half the size of the existing) in the northwest corner (if I remember correctly). He also said that he finds out a lot of his information in the Wildcat Wednesday before Byrne lets him know officially
- The big excavation at the beginning of the NEZ project that we were speculating on was necessary to remove the existing caissons for the old scoreboard.
- Renderings of the new locker room look VERY, VERY nice! I don't think I'd seen those before. I was going to ask if the visitor's locker room would remain, but ran out of time.
- The RFQ for the designer of McKale is currently out and there will be a new video board for next season.
- Most importantly, the sand volleyball stadium will be at the north end of the fields to the east of Sancet Stadium.
That's about all I remember.
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Click to report a bug!